- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information You Provide to Us
When you access our website or services, you may be asked to provide information to us. Please do not provide any information to us that we do not request.
The categories of information you provide include:
- Contact identifiers. We may collect your name, email address, postal address and phone number.
- Commercial or transaction information. We may collect certain transaction-specific information including records of our products or services you purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Account credentials. To the extent you create or register an account to access our websites or services, we may collect your username, password, password hints, and other information for authentication or account access.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information from you to provide better services to our users and improve our business. The categories of information we automatically collect include:
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile information if you use a mobile device to access the site).
- Log information. When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs.
Such Device and Log Information may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your navigation paths and search queries.
- Mobile related information if you access our website using your mobile device.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies and pixels (also known as “web beacons) associated with such cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account.
- Browser type, operating system, and other technical information.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new services and offerings, and to protect us and our users.
We provide a variety of ways for you to control the information we process about you. Please see below for details.
- Emails. If we provide you with any promotional emails or other communication, you can always opt out of that communication by following the unsubscribe instructions near the bottom of such emails, or by contacting us directly at email@example.com with the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject field of your email.
- Cookies;Pixels You may also set your browser to block all cookies or pixels, including cookies or pixels associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if certain cookies or pixels are disabled.
You may have the right to remove your personal information from our databases. To do this, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you with the process.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information in your account. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers have settings that include “do not track signals.” Our services are not currently engineered to respond to those signals from browsers.
Information We Disclose
- Other recipients at your direction or upon notice to you and with your consent. We will disclose personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals at your direction or upon notice to you if we have your consent to do so.
- Recipients for legal compliance. We will disclose personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Recipients in a merger or acquisition. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the services.
- Aggregated or publicly available information for business purposes. We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information or publicly available information with our partners we have a relationship with, advertisers, connected sites, and with the public, to the extent permitted by applicable law. For example, we may disclose information to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold by implementing and maintaining reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards. However, no website is entirely secure. You should protect the account information in your possession as well.
We retain your information for the length of time that is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
Children Under 13
Our site is not directed toward children under 13 and we will not knowingly collect personal information (as that term is defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from any child under the age of 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our site, please contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such personal information in accordance with COPPA.
Control of Your Information
Our Services are Located in the United States
Our website and associated services are hosted in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, please be aware that your information will be processed and stored in the United States and, by accessing our site and services, you are hereby consenting to such processing and storage.